- The look is just right, the graphics are stunning and effective in showing this advanced yet industrial ship. There are sharps contrasts from the professional decks to the mining deck that are perfect.
- Atmosphere is amazing, from dust motes in the air, to the mineral bits floating near asteroids to the lack of external noise when in a vacuum to the little noises and sounds that are ALWAYS occurring. Many high profile movies don't handle ambient noise this well, a huge part of the tension is the audio and they nailed it.
- No HUD, seriously this is one of the best parts of the game. Your health and stasis powered is measured in tools on your rig using great lighting effects. The ammo, missions and communications all appear as holograms in front of you (broadcast by your rig). They move with you and immerse you completely in the game.
- The scenario is deliciously creepy, part system shock, part Aliens, part zombie movie and all good.
- Have I mentioned it is amazing to look at? Nary a frame rate issue, speedy load times and NO install to the HDD!!!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
If you haven't picked up Dead Space, then really you are not a true gamer. This internal EA developed game, yes internally developed!) is a true marvel and one of the best gaming experiences in years. Many, many aspects of the game need to be mentioned: