- GTA lite - Yes it is open world, but the exploration is much simpler, there are no constant calls from colleagues, you take missions as you want them and explore as you will
- Easy to collect stuff! - I am a bit compulsive and GTA/Assassin's Creed and all the other open world games turned me off with the near impossible task of finding flags/packages. inFAMOUS tags shards, data drops and other collectibles on your map if you send a pulse looking for them. You still need to locate the item but at least you know one is near.
- This looks great!! - The graphics are stellar, I mean really, really good. Cutscene animation is weak, but all other aspects are awesome.
- Traversal mechanic is amazing - Cole can magnetize his hands/feet so climbing is a breeze and can be done nearly anywhere. It is a joy to travel in this city.
- Combat is fun and challenging - you actually need to use cover, dive, aim, strategize and think to battle the hordes of reavers.
- Diverse missions are a good thing - Escort prisoners, find packages, save people, clean up a neighborhood, protect a food shipment, find communication towers. It is all good.
- Comic book cut scenes are amazing - Great narrative tool to push the story along using voiced over comic panels. The art and story is amazing!
- Moral choices are interesting - instead of conversation options you are always presented with a choice that requires actions. Do the good or evil action and get the response you expect.
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Long time no post! I have been very busy with a ridiculous work week, and inFAMOUS when I get home. I was nervous at first how this game would stay fresh if all you did was blast bad guys. Let me tell you Sucker Punch made the right choices with this game!